Belkin is a renowned company, and no doubt its durability and long-run period influenced people to choose the option. In the current scenarios, the Belkin n600 got in demand much. As the sales increased of the device, questions regarding the device also increased its count. So if you have
bought or you are going to buy Belkin n600 Range Extender, you must know what you will get in it.
The device comes with an extender, user manual, quick installation guide, and a CD though to guide visually. If the person is working with the dual-band router, then make sure you have the password and the SSID both. After buying this range extender, many people are wondering how to set up the device. If you have the same query, then you must stay tuned to the information mention in the upcoming paragraphs? We are going to talk about setting up the Belkin n600 Range Extender.
most of the time the setup process is the same for all Belkin extenders as we have previously given a complete guide on Belkin extender setup & configuration.
Setup Belkin N600 Range extender
Setting up the device can be done through different methods. If anyone is interested, this is the right platform to avail of knowledge about the query. So here, let us get started now.
Use wireless connection to setup Belkin n600 Extender
- Foremost, you should use the power outlet, which is positioned around the network area of the wireless router. Now, take your extender and plug in the extender into the power outlet. Do not forget to turn the extender “ON.”
- Now, it is the time when you need to use your PC, laptop, or your smartphone though. Ensure the device has an internet connection. After that, switch on the laptop and click on the WiFi icon to connect your laptop with the Belkin n600 range extender. You will be seeing “Belkin.setup” mentioned connected with that.
- Now open the website http://belkin.range . The instruction will be given on the screen, which you need to follow up on. To reach directly on the setup page of Belkin n600 Range Extender, just type 192.168.206.1 on the search bar. This code will open the setup page immediately and search for the SSID.
- This is how; you can connect with the WiFi network. Now, put the network password and wait some a while. The router will cross check the network’s credentials. Here, you will be receiving a new web page, which is going to configure the network name. Do not forget to click on the “Continue” button.
- Click on “Next” later on, and here pop up will come on windows, which is the sign that your extender is configured.
- Here your extender is ready and it will keep all the information safe and secured to use the extender.
in Case, the wireless connection will not work for setting up the Belkin n600 Range Extender, then you can use the Ethernet cable to connect the extender with the computer. The Ethernet cable will configure and is a reliable way to connect it with the computer.
Setup the Range Extender via wired connection
- Keep the Belkin n600 Range Extender near the network router. Now, plug the one end of the wire into the Belkin Range Extender and one end to the power outlet. Switch on the button, and wait for a while to boot the router completely.
- The computer must be connected with the WiFi and not with the Ethernet cable.
- Use the network cable or LAN to connect the Belkin n600 Range Extender with a computer. You need to know one thing that, the network and Ethernet cable does not come with the extender, so you can use the LAN ports for the connection. The LAN port is available on the extender.
In case this strategy does not work, then you can use different other steps as well; which are:
Troubleshoot belkin extender
Foremost, wait for some while. Switch on the computer and attach your Ethernet cable with the Belkin Range Extender and the Computer. Just launch the web browser and allow the PC to take some time so that it will work properly. Let the web browser recognize the Ethernet LAN. Ensure
you do this before starting the usage.
The Ethernet cable must be connected with the extender and computer. The LEDs on the extender will lighten up. If in case, the Ethernet light will not light up, then you should disconnect the cable from the extender and PC. After plugging off, just wait for a while and then plug it back to the power outlet.
Now time to re-launch your web browser again. Open the browser after re-launching and it will show the setup page of Belkin Range Extender. Open the official website of Belkin Range. Follow the instructions given on the screen.
Click on “YES” on the display screen, and get the SSID of your nearby router area. Just connect the computer and extender. A new webpage will appear, on which you need to press “Continue” to proceed with the further process.
When the extender will configure appropriately with the PC, it will show you a message on the screen for the successful configuration. at any time if you need Belkin support then contact Belkin customer service to get help.
How now you learned how to set up the Belkin n600 Range Extender. In case, you set up the extender via a wireless connection, and you want to change it wired one; then one has to reset the Belkin n600 Range Extender.